Shed Warranty and Maintenance 10 Year Shed Warranty with Little Maintenance Needed
A shed from Beachy Barns comes with a 10-year shed warranty on workmanship and materials. We believe in the quality and durability of our sheds and are willing to stand behind it if need be.
Our Warranty Details
- All Buildings come with a 10 year warranty on workmanship and materials. Beachy Barns LTD reserves the right to repair or replace any part found to be defective during that time. Warranty does not cover abuse, neglect, theft, fire, water, wind damage or other “acts of God.” Warranty does not cover minor splitting, warping or twisting that is a natural characteristic of wood.
- In order for this warranty to be valid, all wood buildings must be painted or stained per paint manufacturers recommendations within 60 days of delivery or as soon as weather permits, if delivered during the winter.
- All horizontal trim must be caulked along the top edge to prevent moisture from becoming trapped between trim and siding causing rotting. This should be done after the building is painted. Caulking is already done on buildings that are painted by Beachy Barns. Ask your sales representative for details.
- All vegetation, dirt, mulch, landscaping, etc. must be kept at least 8″ away from the bottom edge of siding.
- Beachy Barns LTD is not responsible for settling of buildings that are not on a permanent foundation. Releveling is available for a reasonable fee.
Additional Material Warranties
- GAF Timberline Architectural shingles: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- McElroy Max-Rib Ultra Metal Roof: 40 Year Warranty on color coating system
- Roseburg Duratemp Siding: 50 Year Limited Warranty
- Cellwood Evolutions Vinyl Siding: Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Miratec Trim: 50 Year Limited Warranty
Care and Maintenance of a Storage Shed
Your building from Beachy Barns is not like a car that needs oil and filter changed every 3000 miles and a timing belt replaced at 100,000 miles.
However, there are just a few bits of advice that will help your building live a long, happy life.
Painting: If your barn came unpainted, you should paint it as soon as possible. You will want to use a good quality exterior paint. We do not recommend using the cheapest paint because, while it will save some money in the short term, a good quality paint will last longer and apply much better. When painting, pay special attention to the bottom edge of the siding. When we paint buildings in our shop, we spray up from the bottom to make sure the bottom edge of the siding is protected. Also, before you paint, it is a good idea to caulk the top edges of horizontal trim pieces. Over time, water can get behind the trim and start to rot.
Vegetation: You will want to keep the grass and weeds away from the building. If vegetation grows up against the building, it can keep the siding damp and, over time, mildew, mold or rotting could start.
That is about it.
In an age where everything seems to be disposable, we built your Beachy Barn to last for decades with as little fuss as possible.
Storage Space That Makes You A Winner!
Are you tripping over garden tools and the lawnmower every time you go to the garage? Do you close your eyes as you walk through the basement because it’s so full of stuff? Maybe your mudroom has become a giant storage closet?! Explore all the options at Beachy Barns and find good, safe storage space that you can customize for your specific needs and style. We’d love to hear your story and be a part of making you a winner as you add extra space to your life!